How to Backup a Uwezocoin Wallet.dat File?
If you are able to start your wallet, you can open your wallet and click ‘File’ > ‘Backup Wallet’, now search a location to save your backup of the wallet.dat.
If you are not able to start your wallet you can copy your wallet manually, but this is different on windows, linux and mac.
- 1. Press on your keyboard ‘win’+’r’
- 2. Now enter %appdata%
- 3. Windows Explorer has opened, click into the ‘uwezocoin’ folder
- 4. Copy the wallet.dat to a safe place.
- 1. The wallet creates a folder in the home directory of the user that is running the wallet.
- 2. Open a terminal
- 3. Go to the home directory of the user who is running the wallet. If this is you, enter ‘cd’ and press enter on your keyboard.
- 4. Now write ‘cd .uwezocoin’ and press enter.
- 5. With ‘ls’ you will see the files in this folder.
- 6. Copy the wallet.dat to a safe place.